Friday, June 4, 2010

Time to Get Serious...



...about reducing my arm and shoulder size. If I can seriously tone my muscles in those two spots, they shouldn't scream male anymore. Hormones isn't doing it for me, so it's going to take a lot of work.

Muscle is hard to reduce. From Googling, it looks like I'm going to have to do the absolute reverse of what I did to bulk them up in the first place almost 20 years ago. Back then, I focused on the slow-twitch muscles with high weights, low reps, rest and calories, preferrably protein.

It's a lot more work going the other way, on the slow-twitch endurance muscles. I am going to have to get some light-weight dumbbells, do two sets of 80-100 reps every day with two minutes in between each set, avoid protein for 3-four hours after each workout, kicking off with sugar product and preferring carbohydrates, vegetables and fruit. Then I am going to have to add a daily cardiovascular boost, which will probably leave me starving. I am going to focus on how much better I will feel when I am lighter on my feet, and how I'll be able to reduce my blouse size to a 12-14 when I need one with sleeves.

My routine will change in the following ways, starting tomorrow morning:
  • Up at 5:30 AM for weight-training for 15 minutes (2 sets of 80 each of bicep and tricep curls with low weights)
  • Out the door at 6 AM for jogging in good weather. Do trampoline exercises inside for inclement weather.
  • Fruit breakfast at 6:30 AM before hitting the shower and resuming my old routine.

Hopefully, that should do the trick.

Hugs and God Bless,

Sophie

2 comments:

  1. I think they look fine, have you been looking at other women's arms and shoulders, we are all different. A good tone up wouldn't hoit, but seriously folks look around.

    I would obsess about the size difference in my breast, until my wife kept tell me that a lot of women's are not symmetrical or perky or of equal size. Kay talks about a woman who had two complete sets of breast, size 'c' and underneath a good pair of size 'b'. I believe her, as she was a womans health care nurse for 35 years; and she has seen a lot of women naked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds like a great routine. It is good to excersise in the morning. It kind of sets you up for the day.
    x

    ReplyDelete