Friday, February 4, 2011

Vital Document Request

The following letter is being sent overnight mail to the passport agency. The content speaks for itself: 





San Francisco Passport Agency
95 Hawthorne Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105-3901

Re. Application #: xxxxxxxxx
Applicant: Sophia Jean Hawes
Date of Birth: 07-14-1965

To Whom It May Concern,

Thank you for processing my passport application and returning my passport book with some of the vital documents which I sent you, including my birth certificate.

I respectfully request my vital documents back. Every document I sent was an original with an original signature that I need for my own records. If you need a copy, by all means, make one and keep it; but send my original documents back to me. They are not yours to keep.

I need them all back, but especially vital are the following two documents:

  • Sexual Reassignment Referral Letter signed by Carrie Hunter
  • Court-Ordered Name Change signed by the Jefferson, KY County Clerk

I have been compliant in providing the information you sought, despite the fact that I was put off by the main switchboard, lied to and ignored in my efforts to expedite the process.

Every time I called the switchboard, they were unable to provide the more specific details I sought, told me they put a flag in the data record for you to contact me because I had questions they couldn't answer, and was always informed that it would only be about three days before you replied. Every time I called, they required I read aloud the personal information in your letter to me, a very humiliating experience.

I never once received a phone call from your agency since I tried to establish contact in December.

Now you are retaining my documents illegitimately, discriminatorily and potentially illegally. Please don't force me to obtain legal counsel to have my documents returned.


Sincerely,

Sophia J Hawes

No comments:

Post a Comment