Thursday, February 17, 2011

Closing Night

This has been an incredibly busy week for me. Saturday and Monday nights were the final two performances in The Vagina Monologues at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts. It was awesome! The audience was great and I was tweaking my performance every night. I could have kept doing that ad infinitum.

It was also good to see friends after the performance. Robin and her beau gave me a beautiful, sweet-smelling potted lilac, and I introduced the lilac to her step-sisters, the tulips that are about to start blooming. Two stems have the flower just barely tucked into them. I can't wait until what I assume is the last freeze to take all my plants outside.

Monday morning, I was informed that I was going to be leading the Scrum meetings in the morning for this sprint about 1 minute before the meeting as part of my team lead training.

Tuesday morning, I was invited to a talk with my current team lead and our development manager about my interest in a being a team lead. After being asked why I was interested in being a lead, he made sure that I understood this was more a management role than a leadership role. I assured him I was fine with that. Then we discussed making sure that I got the mentoring I needed as part of my objectives, to be ready for running for a lead position in August.

Tuesday night was Belly-Dancing lessons. We reviewed the transition steps from last week, and I was surprised to see that I was doing them so much easier. Then came undulations. Wow! We started from an upward undulation: chest lift, chest raise, drop, spinal roll and tummy tuck. Then we learned to do the whole process in reverse. The instructor likened the movement to changing your mind about sitting in a chair halfway down.

Afterward, we got an introduction to belly rolls and some simple exercises to perform so that we might someday be able to perform them. After enough of those exercises Tuesday night, my stomach muscles were swollen and looked as if they pudge out forever in a poochie.

Yesterday, I got my root canal. It's no fun having a full bladder in the middle of the process. Unable to talk, I starting shaking my fingers in the sign language for P (a trick I learned from my youngest daughter), until the nurse finally loosened the dam from my mouth so I could talk. At 5 PM, I was still numb and spent the rest of the evening napping. I still need to get the crown in place, because the tooth will become incredibly fragile without it; but we're waiting to see how much the insurance pays before we schedule.

I've got group support tonight after work, so the laundry gets to wait one more day and there's a light coating of snow on the ground. Meanwhile, it's off to 7/11 for my morning coffee and croissant.

Hugs and God Bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment