Thursday, July 1, 2010

Preparing for a Visit

The bed is ordered. I stopped by Cort Furniture about 30 minutes before they closed to buy a queen-sized bed in time for my daughters' visit in the next couple of weeks.

Alicia, the store manager, recognized me as I walked in the door, and asked how things were going for me, displaying an amazing memory of how far I was settled in the last time we had talked in person last November. As I explained to her what I needed, she simply walked me to the set she deemed was right for me (much like some hair dressers will do) and proceeded to tell me what I was getting: a new mattress and box spring with a simple roller frame for about 240 dollars after tax. She informed me quite simply that I do not need a headboard, and we rang it up, and scheduled delivery for sometime Saturday. I was pleased to hear that it was going to be Ronnie delivering, as he was amazing last time when he helped me move.

That done, I headed to Target to pick out some nice purple, pink and brown bedding, a security lock for the front door (the door jam type), a tower fan, electric outlet extensions and something in red, white and blue to wear to work tomorrow with my white jeans and something to wear on Saturday, since Target is having their 4th of July sale.

I also called the cable company to add cable television to my internet service on Saturday, since I'm not in the mood to handle the end-of-the-world should Qubo be interrupted by the pauses and skips in the signal. It should be installed sometime between 2:00 and 5:30 PM, and it comes with the Showtime channels free for the next year...

...Should I still be here next year. My job security right now lasts until the end of September, and I'm worried.

I got an email from a recruiter addressed to my old email address, asking for an update to my resume if I was still interested in technical placement.I replied from my new email address with a freshly updated resume, letting him know (without any explanations, thank you, Oprah) that there was a name change as well as an address change when he updates the database. He very politely replied to my new current email address that he had updated the database, instructed me to check his website from time to time to see if there were any positions that he was filling that I might be a fit for, and said he'd let me know if there were any potential matches. His office is based out of New Mexico, and if I remember correctly, he places at Sandia National Laboratory.

Meanwhile, here in Louisville, tonight is the first lesson in Balboa, my second time through. I am looking forward to it, already practicing the basic step, before I attempt a pretense as a complete newby during the lesson. Forward, forward, pause, back, back, back, pause, forward, forward, forward, pause...

I've been giving a lot of thought to the idea of whether I were to meet and spend time with someone special, and I don't think I could sacrifice my new-found social life to revolve around them. Nor would I expect them to revolve around me. Actually, the playing field is rather limited when I think about it, since I would expect them to at least be open spiritually, maybe join me in the church where I have a lot of friends and responsibility, and to share my desire for dance--a lead for my follow to enable us to spend time together doing the things we love. Since there are no obvious candidates, I will just continue to continue on.

Hugs and God Bless,
Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment