Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Learning My First Choreography



I think the name change notifications go on forever. With my divorce decree in hand, I called Capital One for the loan I agreed to pay as part of our settlement. I had a very long conversation with the receptionist, that went something like this:

"Hi, my name is Elena. How can I help you today?"

"Hi, Elena. I have several things I need to do. I had a name change and a divorce and I need to put the account in my name..."

"You want to take over the account?"

"That's right."

After providing various account information on request, she asked, "And who am I speaking to?"

"My name was Robert. Now it's Sophie."

"Okay. I need to speak to Robert, Sophie."

"How can I make this a little clearer? I have been going through a gender transition for the last three or four years. I changed my name last year, and now am divorced. I live in Utah now so I need to change the address, too."

"Okay, ma'am. What's your new address..." and the rest of the conversation went incredibly smoothly from there, with "Is there anything else I can do for you, Ma'am?" "Yeah, do you know what the current auto loan rate is?" near the end of the conversation. Of course, she gave me a number to fax my name change order to, which I did via the computer right after I hung up.

I have 50 days until surgery and what am I doing? Learning my first belly dance choreography. I would probably lose you on the movements, but they consist so far of Mayans, Taqsims, Grapevines, Undulations and 3/4 of Inner Hip Circles (IHC's) to Battle by the Beats Antique at 176 beats per minute. Were going to add on more next week. I just now stopped my practice after downloading the song.

I remember a time when I thought I could never possibly learn a choreography, because it looked like too many things in succession to learn, but I'm doing alright. In fact, it's rather fun.

Hugs and Blessings,
Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment