The strengths I believe I bring to belly dancing, so far, are
- a desire to learn new techniques and props,
- exploring what I can do with those techniques and inventing new moves,
- a love of the audience,
- energy in form, and
- the capability to improvise.
I need to start doing the following:
- Work through my existing belly dance videos, focusing on technique and form,
- Find and study belly dance videos of artists I would love to emulate,
- Carve out improvisational time to randomly selected music,
- Three times weekly instruction: 2 troupes and one technique, and
- Find some flexibility training and add it and meditation to my private practice.
- Monday: Intermediate/Advanced technique class with Michelle Sorenson
- Tuesday: Azalea performance troupe with Mayada.
- Wednesday: Fusion choreography troupe with Amina
- Thursday: BD DVD night, starting with Rough Guide to Belly Dance (2nd Edition).
Tomorrow, I'll probably start hunting down the first belly dance performance on line that I would love to emulate.
Hugs and Blessings,